Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Miracles?

This may be something pretty deep to blog about, but let me give it a shot... Last weekend on the way to church, Hannah presented me with this question.."Mama, why doesn't God do miracles today like He did a long time ago? You know, like he did for Joseph, and the dead man and all of them.??" It caught me very off guard and I honestly didn't know what to say other than that, "Oh He still does...we just have to look a little harder for them.." It's been on my mind since she asked though. Obviously God still performs miracles. Webster's dictionary defines miracles this way....An event that seems to be scientifically unexplainable; a supernatural occurence. For the non-christian..that definition could be very mis-leading I believe! You hear almost daily in the news of "modern day miracles" but is that truly what they are? Is it things we pray for that God grants that we consider miracles...if we don't get the answer from God we were hoping for..is it NOT a miracle? For me, I just have to keep it simple....A newborn baby is absolutely a miracle, a butterfly hatching from it's cocoon, cancer that is "miraculously" gone, people being in the right place at the right time, changing seasons, true love...I could go on and on. I'm a miracle of God...are you?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Remember 04/24/96....I do...everyday....

Anonymous said...

Yes! I believe in miracles....and if we don't get one when and where we want it here, it's because God has something better for us. And I have to think that I ARE one! haha