Monday, June 23, 2008

great weekend!


Well, Drew made it in Friday..alot earlier than I expected. Friday's are CRAZY at St. D and especially during the summer. We call it "Wisdom Tooth Harvesting Season"....anyway..I didn't get to leave until everyone was out of recovery...by that time, Drew, Hannah, and the babysitter were all at the pool. I headed straight there after work. He is very glad to be home to say the least. We really didn't do much of anything this weekend but hang out around here...which is a good thing. Drew is a bit ADHD...GOT to be doing something every second of the day. We went back to the pool Saturday morning until lunch and fished Saturday evening until dusk. Hannah caught 2 and we caught none. I texted Andrew and Mathew back and forth about how he tells us how to fish. I would say that he really is your master fisherman.......but if you fish with him..he wants you to fish JUST like him. It's really pretty funny. We just go along with it most of the time. This picture is Hannah with the first catch of the day.

The biggest thing of the weekend is that we started the Atkins diet. I hope this is headed somewhere cause I seriously feel like I'm in detox. I've got a sugar addiction like you've never seen. My friends say to just stick with it and you'll get over the sugar hump. I'm not feeling it just yet. I am feeling very light headed though. I did an hour of deep water aerobics yesterday at the Courthouse and my legs are definitely feeling it! I'm going to give it a couple of weeks just to shock my body into better habits. Right now, the thought of eating another piece of meat of any sort makes me want to vomit. Glad lunch is 5 hours away!!

The boys will be coming Thursday for the summer and Hannah is leaving for camp this morning for the week. :( Drew and I are "home alone" this week! Hmmm...we can finally use that Char gift certificate that we've been holding since Christmas!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mmmmmm, love the shrimp and grits at Char! Guess that wonderful apple-crunch-butter-cake thingy wouldn't fit with your "no sugar" regimen. I could use a detoxing, too.

Anonymous said...

I am so glad you left a message so that I could find your blog! I read just enough so far to see two beautiful MEN not kids any more...even though they are 16! Offer any advice as you see fit when the need arises!ha!

Anonymous said...

Glad your sweetheart is back. HPC is at CWP this week--right! Love you guys. Adkins is fine for 6 months then must change directions.

Thanks PDJ