Thursday, August 7, 2008

Fourth Grade


Well, our baby is in the fourth grade. She bounded out of bed this morning like it was Christmas! I had been worried she would have a hard time because she has been staying up really late and sleeping until 11:00. I have a feeling that getting up at 6:30 in the morning will start to get to her after a few days. We'll get back into the school year routine soon. Lots to blog about this year I think. I signed her up for basketball and pep squad at her school and soccer will be starting here towards the end of the month. She LOVES soccer and I love watching it!
Well, on a bad note...the closing on the houses pretty much fell through. I've come to believe that maybe it just wasn't meant to be..as much as we loved the house at Lake Caroline. Maybe God has something much better in store for us. I am sure that He does. That's how he operates. So our house is officially back on the market. Please pray that someone buys it soon. Hey..we're already packed! We can move in a hurry if we have to! God has taught me a good lesson about patience and having faith that HE knows best in every situation. That doesn't by any means that I like it...I'm really stomping my feet at Him on this one, but I'm trusting Him that He will show us the best way.
Drew leaves for Fort Benning Friday morning. Pray for him while he is away and for his traveling safety!

4 comments:

Lil_Britt_Girl said...

Yes... busy busy year for all of us this year! We're doing band for the first year... and like you guys... soccer will be starting for us very soon! We actually had a rec meeting yesterday! Oh, boy! By the way... I LOVE the uniform! Hannah is such a cutie patootie!

Anonymous said...

HPC....I can remember starting fourth grade which was our first year in FC...1969-70...Mrs. Laura Tyson. My favorite subject always was and still is....lunch/recess in that order. In first grade in Fayette....Brenda Nevels threw up chocolate milk and caused as chain reaction, we had Lincoln Logs in the cabinet for rainy days, a girl in front of me would spit on her desk and then lick it up, I learned to read with Dick and Jane flip charts, I got in trouble for peeking at a calssmates report card.
Have fun in school this year....L/UB

Anonymous said...

We are so sorry about your home sale falling through. But you---as you usually do--seem to keep things in perspective & patiently(though maybe uncomfortable) await for a greater blessing. You are giving a good witness in your disappointment...The God I know will bless you for it!!

LOVE/m&d

Jill McCormick said...

Thank you so much! I am excited about it... Just need a little help, but I will learn. Look forward to visting with you!