Thursday, August 21, 2008

at least tomorrow is Friday..

OK..I finally get the hot water thing ironed out..except for the kitchen sink and the master shower...I'm saving that for Drew to figure out when he gets home. I walk in the house after a long day and immediately smell POOP. I rush to the kitchen...nothing. I rush to the bedroom..nothing. I walk back outside to notice that our sewage is overflowing all into the neighbor's yard. Apparently Lake Caroline has these things on each house called grinder pumps. Never heard of or seen one before...but we have one...and something was going very wrong with it! I called about 4 plumbers with no luck of anyone working on grinder pumps. I called the Canton Sewer Dept. and 2 very nice African American men came pretty quickly. Grinder pumps are like deep wells that hold your sewage before it is ground up and sent off to the sewage. 2 problems..first of all..it was not ON and second the motor had come off of the hole. This was a really gross job..but they did it for me and left with smiles on their faces! (probably because I slid them a little cash for being so nice and doing what they really shouldn't have done) I must've appeared really needy or something. On to good news..Drew is finished with his Infantry course and will be leaving Georgia around lunch tomorrow. He should be home by 6 or so. Hannah is going home from school with a friend, so we will really get to spend some quality time together. I won't put him to work as soon as he walks in the door or anything! Hannah is excited about her sleepover tomorrow night. She had a list of things to pack. The friend has one of those Neutrogena Waves they advertise on tv. (I believe this is basically an electric toothbrush for the face)They are very excited about "doing each others face." I would say that we are about to get settled but I keep forgetting where I put things. I guess it will all fall into place and I'll laugh about this whole experience one day. It is a good bit farther to drive in the mornings for school and work..but I believe I found someone to carpool with tonight that lives out this way. That will help tremendously! God has been so faithful to us during this time...was I always faithful and trusting in Him? Absolutely not. I don't know why I ever worry about things working out. They always seems to...Not exactly when I want them to..but in His own time...and that's the best timing there is.

6 comments:

Barbara said...

Guess what--We have one of those grinder pumps--and guess what else-the same thing happened this summer! You are not alone! Get out the steaks and candles! You both deserve it!!

Anonymous said...

I have discovered that not only is God's timing best, His is the ONLY timing anyway! You're the woman for doing all this without Drew there...I know his appreciation for you has grown by leaps and bounds.

Anonymous said...

I laughed so hard when I read this post that I almost cried. Thanks for the Friday Laugh!

Amen on God's timing being the best!! Congrats on your new home and glad the poop grinder is back in working order..LOL

Jill McCormick said...

There is nothing like a little time alone! Like Ms. Barbara said, "Get the steaks and candles out!". I am so proud of your new home and I know it has been a challenge, but it will all be worth it when things settled down... Have a good weekend!

Lil_Britt_Girl said...

Um... ok, so I'm SO glad I didn't go to school to study "grinder pumps"... and second... I LOVE THE HOUSE!!! Hope you have a great weekend, Honey! You sure do deserve it!!!

Wishing Flower said...

When I was house shopping I put a contract on a house in Belle Pointe, Lake Caroline. They told me about the grinder pump and about had me scared half to death to check the light several times a day. Guess there was a good reason behind that thought!