Tuesday, August 19, 2008

FINALLY!!


So..this has been what all the fuss is about..I wouldn't dare do inside pics yet cause there are boxes everywhere!! We were able to close on both houses Friday and move. My parents and brother helped me..along with the movers. I most definitely wouldn't have made it without them!!! I think I was in denial...didn't realize we had that much JUNK! A little pointer for anyone thinking of moving...If you haven't used it in a year...Get rid of it!! My sister came and helped for a while on her way to pick up her husband at the airport. She laughed at my "80's sweaters" that I still have! Everything went pretty smoothly until we decided to call it a day around 11:00 Friday night, get hot showers and crash. I realized no one ever came to turn the gas on!! Long story short..the gas was FINALLY turned on today..so we should have hot showers tonight and I can't wait!!! Hannah had been dying to use the whirlpool tub, so I filled it about 1/4 full of water and boiled about 12 dutch ovens of water and added to it. We did get to have a hot bath last night but it was ALOT of work!! Hannah said, "We're doing like they did in the old days Mama!" Drew will be home Sunday to see the house with everything in it for the first time so I'm trying to get things semi straight before he gets home. More pics to come as soon as I can get things straightened out!!

5 comments:

Wishing Flower said...

So glad you are in. The other will come in time. Let me know if you need help.

Barbara said...

Beautiful! Take Kelly up on her offer--she is awesome at everything!! Can't wait to see more pictures.

Lindsey said...

Love the house and can't wait to see the inside. I am so happy for you!

Jan said...

CONGRATULATIONS!! I know you are totally excited. Yes it will all fall in place........over time. Rome wasn't built in a day and Martha Stewart hasn't made any house calls lately!! I keep telling myself this and so far...it doesn't help!! I still want everything done yesterday. Love Ya!!

Anonymous said...

TFTS....WREI L/B&S