Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year

It's really not the lack of blogging material that keeps me from posting...for the 3 of you that read this..I've just been lazy. Since almost the beginning of December, I've been on the go and I finally feel like it may have come to a halt. For a while anyway... Soccer is about to be back in full swing.
Don't you wish you knew what a year would hold for you and your family..you know, so you could kinda prep yourself a little if needed. I know that kinda sounds like I'm dreading something. I'm not a big fan of change. I know change is good..but I don't like it. If you need to make sure something gets done all the time the same way..I'm your girl. Drew will be deploying in a few short months. I'll hit the big 4-0. (those little changes started a few years ago) Those are just a couple that I'm not looking forward to. I know, I know....."....plans for good....plans to give you a hope and a future..."
I AM looking forward to getting started painting the inside of the house. Drew said he would start in February. (hunting season is over then) Promised Hannah we would start in her room first. That will be a future blog. She has a very unusually shaped room. Got some neat plans for it though! The rest will be simple...Whoever lived here before us really liked golf and apparently someone told them they we good at painting murals...cause there are several areas that have little golf themed murals painted on them. Can't wait to cover them up. Tired of looking at a golf green when I'm "doing my business."
We did have a fun New Years Eve. Celebrated with friends on the street at our house..did some great BBQ...shot several fireworks...in bed by 12:30. Does that have something to do with getting close to 40?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

so funny about the golf murals. it's always nice to put your own personal touch on a new house, and i bet you can't WAIT to do that to yours! i hope yall have a wonderful new year!

oh yeah, about the playlist. . . email me your phone number and i'll walk you through it. i know you can do it if i can!!

Barbara said...

Change may be good but I'm like you; contentment--there's a lot to be said for that too. At least you saw the new year in. We slept!!

Lil_Britt_Girl said...

I was asleep at midnight... was awakened by the sound of my cell phone blowing up with "Happy New Year" texts... needless to say I was then awake til 4 a.m. unable to go back to sleep! Um, and I am not even 35 yet. Ha ha!

Oh, and... I like golf... but you're exactly right about not wanting to see golf greens while you're doing your business. :)

Lindsey said...

I so know what your talking about when it comes to blogging! I couln't wait to finish the alphabet and I have so much to blog about but it has been so crazy around here!