Tuesday, October 21, 2008

M is for McDonalds


McDonald's is NOT one of my favorite places. It will do in a pinch if there is absolutely nothing else in close distance. Seems alot of people that work at McDonald's are not very happy..so is the case at Home Depot or Lowe's..unless you go very early in the morning. I watched a man just about go postal in McDonald's in Ridgeland the day after the April 4th tornadoes in Jackson this year. Apparently he had waited on his food long enough and he snapped and started yelling at people back in the kitchen. It was funny to watch people witness his absurdity. Some nodded their heads in agreement with his ranting and some just shook their heads in disbelief...thinking "what an idiot.." I was just worried that if they didn't get this poor man his food..because after all, I'm sure he was starving to death...that something really bad would happen and we'd end up on the evening news. Anyway, that's not where I was going with all of that...when I was in elementary school, we went on a field trip and stopped by a McDonald's to eat. They let us all loose and everyone scrambled to the counter to order. Order? Order what?? I remember thinking that. My mom always just got my food and brought it to me. We weren't really big on eating out anyway..so I wasn't real sure of the menu to even order from. I remember it being my turn and I just copied what the girl said in front of me..."A hamburger and a coke, please" Then came all of the, "what do you want on it?" I told her nothing and hoped she didn't ask me anything else that I didn't know....then the worst part came...friends all laughed at me and got the biggest kick out of the fact that I got a PLAIN hamburger. I felt totally humiliated! I was very glad when that whole public meal experience was over.

Needless to say...Hannah Clark can order for herself , with or without me, at every restaurant in Jackson and surrounding areas!!!

1 comment:

Barbara said...

Well at least you didn't say, "like my daddy cooks it". That's how Josh ordered a steak one time.