Tuesday, October 14, 2008

J is for the perfect PB&J

This is an issue sometimes at our house....the jelly part. For Hannah, it MUST be mayhaw jelly. I like grape and Drew doesn't really care, but mayhaw is his favorite. Matthew likes strawberry preserves. Andrew doesn't really care either. I almost need a separate fridge for all the different types of jelly we have...not to mention all the jars I put up when we picked blueberries...(see May post) Back to the PBJ...Hannah likes more jelly than peanut butter...and she likes it mixed together so the jelly won't leak out of her sandwich and be a holy mess by the time she gets to the lunchroom. I had never seen jelly put on cheese toast until I met Drew...now he's gotten me started with it...and Hannah. I guess you could say we are jelly connoisseurs. We'd be "that family" that are members of a jelly of the month club...except Hannah, she's faithful to mayhaw. What in the world is a mayhaw anyway??

2 comments:

Barbara said...

I can't really tell you but Ed planted trees on the farm if they make it and we can find them. I'm wanting some jelly myself.

Anonymous said...

really. what IS mayhaw??? never heard of it.