Thursday, September 18, 2008

A is for Angels

No blogging topics to report..so I thought I would just do the ABC's. I picked Angels because our interim, Dr. John Bisagno is giving messages on Sunday nights on Angels. I most definitely do belive in Angels because I know God made them and they are all throughout the Bible. I'm not sure that I've ever had an actual angel encounter other than feeling a very strong presence and I always believed that was God. Several years ago, a friend's 3 year old daughter had a near drowning experience at Waterland. On the way to the hospital, my friend was crying and her little 3 year old looked at her and said, "Don't cry Mommy..there were pretty angels under the water with me!" My friend nearly had to be resucitated herself after that comment. I do believe that God sends angels on his behalf to intervene. We all know of stories where this has happened. I believe there is a whole book devoted to this topic about stories from 9/11...the dad who was late for work because he took his son to school, the man that stopped to buy a box of band-aids, the people that "overslept" the morning of 9/11....all of whose lives were spared. You decide...fate, God, angels,coincidence? I don't think so. I think God had angels working overtime that day and everyday to be honest. Another interesting story from a friend...she was rocking her toddler son one night and kept noticing that he was staring at something behind her. She said that she was almost scared to turn around. Little David just pointed to something behind her and said, "He's mad." Kinda creepy, I know!! Never heard of a mad angel...I'll save that topic for another time.

1 comment:

Barbara said...

There are definitely angels out there. Seen and unseen; heard and unheard; felt and unfelt. Trust me on that one.