Sunday, September 28, 2008

E is for Elevators

I spend a little time everyday waiting on the elevator at work and then waiting for everyone else to get on. Everyday usually brings something new..Morning time pretty much brings grumpy people that won't speak or disrespectful men that won't hold the door for you or ask you which floor....and then everyone waits to get to their destination. I was thinking that being in an elevator is much like our lives...We're all really just waiting to get to one place or another. (I know what place I'm waiting on!) In the mean time..while we're waiting on our "floor"...shouldn't we just make the best out who we're waiting with..encourage one another...build one another up..be respectful..have faith that God will get us to the ultimate floor of our lives. I think I am going to start "elevator prayers" like my friend Barbara H. does "ambulance prayers." The next time you get on an elevator...say silent prayers for who your waiting with...you never know how much they may need it!

3 comments:

Stephenie said...

GREAT IDEA! I was already in the habit of "ambulance prayers", but "elevator prayers" make perfect sense, too! Hope you have a great week ....

Barbara said...

Everybody has a story and you never know what it is--elevator prayers, like ambulance prayers, are a wonderful idea. Still lovin' the ABC's.

Anonymous said...

You are so intelligent and thoughtful. I wish that everyone could view life as you do.