Saturday, September 13, 2008

Fun girls day..


Hannah and I got up this morning early and went to Meadville for my niece, Lauren's wedding shower. I mentioned her making me feel old in the previous post. This is my sister's oldest daughter. She got so many nice things. My sister-in-law and I said we wished we could have a shower every few years just to get new stuff. I myself could use a linen shower. We are in severe need of new towels, but it's just one of those things I hate to buy..right next to bluejeans and swimsuits..Back to Lauren though..she had a great shower and better start her thank you notes now cause she really racked up on home things. Can hardly believe she's getting married next month. I remember like yesterday the day she was born. I was thinking of funny Lauren stories on the way to Meadville this morning and narrowed it down to this one...When she was about 2 or 3.. Lauren, my sister, my mom and I went to WalMart in Natchez. Somehow Lauren got out of everyone's sight and was gone. Everyone in the store was looking..they even made an announcement over the intercom..shortly, here comes Lauren up an aisle with about 6 purses on each arm and all smiles..."I hide" is what she said. She has always loved purses. Can't wait til she has one of her own and that happens to her! We love you La-La!

2 comments:

Barbara said...

Hate I missed the shower but heard it was wonderful! Don't you wish we could just take our "pick" of her "stuff"? I, too, remember the day she was born--it was Ed's birthday!

Anonymous said...

enjoyed yur visit.
thomas did also!