Sunday, July 27, 2008

Lazy Day

Drew said to me tonight, "We've had a lazy day." And that we definitely have had! We actually slept until 7:15 (that's late for us on Sunday morning) Went to church, ate sandwiches for lunch and then he got on the couch with the race on mute and I got on our bed and we took a good long nap. He actually went to WalMart with me for groceries too! We came home, grilled out and made homemade vanilla ice cream and sat on the front porch and ate it. Hannah has been in Meadville since Friday so we have just hung out all weekend. Friday we went to Laurel and spent the night with his cousin Jay and wife Susan. Susan was one of my best friends in high school. Who knew we'd marry 1st cousins! They're kids were gone also, so we had a complete adult weekend..doesn't happen very often!
This week should be very interesting for us....Not sure this closing on the house will happen because of circumstances that have arisen with the buyers...but we'll see! I'll keep you posted.

4 comments:

Lil_Britt_Girl said...

I love those "lazy days". Hope things with house finalize soon... I know how anxious you must be.

Thanks for all your encouraging words! You are definitely your Daddy's daughter!

Barbara said...

You sound like us; when you actually have the time to DO something, you do what you need-REST! I love it! Good luck with the house. Hannah looked lovely in church.

Anonymous said...

HPC was a great blessing this weekend!!

Anonymous said...

I think insane and theraputic are synonymous.