Monday, July 21, 2008

Dog Days of Summer


Those days are here...being outside just isn't enough...you HAVE to be in the water. Hannah and her little side kick Makayla, plus doggy friend Golden Retriever, Amma went for a swim today. Amma just lost her brother to cancer and is in much need of attention...which she got plenty of today!

We should know something on our house this week...things kinda fell apart last week with the buyers, but I feel pretty hopeful about it now. I'll post updates! Makes me real antsy knowing we are supposed to be moving next Thursday and there is still so much left to be packed!

We are trying to get Hannah's things ready for school. New backpack and pencil bag, etc. I always loved getting new school stuff. Hannah grew this summer so I'll have to move some buttons and let elastic out of her uniform skirts. Can anyone tell me why it is that kids grow so much during the summer??

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love you guys!

MGCOBYITDTC/d

Lil_Britt_Girl said...

I agree with Ms. Barbara... I know my grocery bill will certainly go down once school starts!

Oh, and... I'm glad I'm not the only one who is using some of last year's uniforms! I figure I'll add a few pieces here and there... but this crew of mine grows entirely too fast for a brand new wardrobe every season! Although we did have to start from scratch on Ms. Emilee... which was tons of fun. Little girls uniforms are soooo much sweeter than little boys!

Still have to get all the supplies... and I guess I'll take them all to pick out what they want... sigh... I might have to take some medication first, though! Ha ha ha!

Love ya!