Tuesday, March 17, 2009

It's almost here!


I LOVE Easter! I love all of the colors and new things! One of the things we love to do is go paint an egg for each year. We took some friends this afternoon to paint with us. Can't wait to see how they turn out!!

My parents started giving me a Gail Pittman egg every year...to go along with the ones we paint. I leave them out all year cause I love them so much..It's one of those things that just makes me smile.

These eggs are pretty special...someone gave me a wooden egg from Olde Tyme Commissary with the year on it when I was pregnancy with Hannah. I have gotten her one each year since she was born. Each has her name and the year on one side and a bunny or something on the other...I usually try to tie in something she's been interested in or involved in that year..soccer, hunting, dress-up, softball. Click on the picture to enlarge and you can see them a little better! This is something she looks forward to getting in her Easter basket each year. Along with all the Christmas ornaments she's made..I plan to give her all these eggs when she gets married. Tell me about your favorite Easter tradition!!

2 comments:

Beth Larkin said...

I love keepsakes like this, what a "great" idea! I was almost in mourning this year realizing that I won't get many more of those surprise homemade ornaments anymore. The ones that they can't wait to give you with complete pride swelling up within them! I put up a special Christmas tree this year that had nothing but handmade ornaments of the kids on it. They are one of my biggest treasures.

Lil_Britt_Girl said...

Ok... like you just SO inspired me!!! What an AWESOME idea!!!