Sunday, November 16, 2008

V is for Voice





I don't think I've ever gone this long in between posts. God's been talking alot to me about the letter V. I came up with so many different things, but voices just hit me today. My first thought is that little voice that you hear in a crowd, "Mama!!", that only seems to attract the right mama. There's just something about a voice that only a parent can recognize. The same with us and God I would have to think. We call out to Him when we're lost cause we know that He's the only one that can possibly recognize our voice and help to calm us. My brother sent me a card once..it's been about 16-17 years ago or so, but I can still see it in my mind. On the front is Winnie the Pooh and Piglet. Piglet touches Pooh on the shoulder and Pooh, says "Yes Piglet?" Piglet says, "Oh nothing Pooh, I just wanted to be sure of you.." Alot of times it's not the voice that makes us sure...it's just the presence. I think back over tough times in my life..and I may not remember alot of the things that people said to try and makes things better, but I always remember who was there...that's the voice that is louder than words to me. I can't say that God has ever audibly spoken to me, but I have most definitely heard his voice..through song, His word..friends and family...the list goes on and on. Listen today and see what you hear.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I remember the card and the reason....Pooh, Piglet, Owl, Rabbit, Tigger, Eeyore and Christopher Robin always have the right words (voices) for the occasion....

Anonymous said...

Heather G. Clark!!
What a profound insight.
Thank you for blessing me again with your voice. God has spoken to me via your gentle voice many times. LYFAAD/d