Thursday, November 6, 2008

S is for Samaritan's Purse

I teach a crazy little group of 2nd grade girls in GA's on Wednesday night at our church. I've done this for the past couple of years and really enjoyed it. We teach them about missions far away and local. I'm sure all of you know about or have participated in packing a shoebox for Samaritan's Purse Operation Christmas Child. Our church has the goal of 1,000 boxes this year. I feel sure we'll reach it. The first part of class Wednesday night, we were shown a short video about a testimony of an actual girl (now an adult) that received a Christmas box. It goes without saying that I got very emotional watching the testimony. (I cry when grass dies) The little 2nd grade girl next to me teared up also. This video is a wonderful testimony of how such a small gift can make such a difference in some one's life. If you haven't participated in this ministry yet, please watch this video and consider it! What a great way to get your kids in on Kingdom work!! Turn up your sound....it's about 6 minutes in length..

http://link.brightcove.com/services/link/bcpid1534611823/bclid1137749274/bctid1737010022

No comments: