Wednesday, May 20, 2009

do I look fat in this??

If you happen to be of the male persuasion, stop reading right HERE. This post will not interest you in the least...unless of course you have trouble shopping for swimsuits.
Every woman of every shape and size will be able to relate to this one. Shopping for swimsuits rates about at the top of the list for "worst things in the world you can do for your self-esteem." Rule #101 of shopping for swimsuits should include..Do not ask your 10 year old daughter what she thinks. That's all I've got to say 'bout that. As I'm sure you know already, there are rules for buying a swimsuit...depending on what shape body you have right? Or so they say...the infamous THEY. I would like to meet them one day. Since I'm not quite the size I was PRE-Hannah and especially early 20's...I had always felt a little more comfortable in the suits that have that very attractive, as I like to call them, "mamaw skirts" on them. They seemed to do the trick at camouflaging the ham hocks. I have seemed to notice lately at the pool that there are several women that are quite larger than I that seem to get away without the mamaw skirt. Could I possibly do this? I did check with Hannah on this situation to get her opinion and she said what all girls her age say.."Duuuh..." The next day I drove myself right down to Academy Sports and got 2 new suits...no mamaw skirt involved...one even ties on the sides. Of course, I know that just because I'm minus the mamaw skirt, it doesn't by any means make me all that and a bag of chips like I was in my early 20's....but hey, I look like every other average woman at the pool. Just don't ask your kids or your husband if you look fat in something...they won't give you a straight answer. Probably better they don't. Better yet ask them, "Hey, do I look PHAT in this???" If you do not get this...ask a teenager.

1 comment:

Joddie said...

I'm with you on this girl. I see other people larger than myself, not looking bad in swimsuits without "mamaw" skirts, but I haven't figured out why I look so much worse. Maybe it's because I have NEVER been this size before so therefore it's just best to keep covered up for my own eyes :)
About asking your kids...I asked JoBea about a dress, she said it looked nice. Well then I couldn't decide if she was just ready to go or it really did. haha