Friday, March 26, 2010

Influenced by..Susie Kimbrough, Pat Jones, Babara Herring, Libby Brown

First of all I'd like to say I had every good intention of starting to keep my blog very current but I got sidetracked when my hubby came home. It has been very surreal to have him in a war zone one week and on the soccer field the next. I feel like I can finally breathe again...which is what makes me think about these 4 women. I guess really the only word to describe what I learned and still learn from them is PERSEVERANCE. An old dictionary gives the definition for perseverance as this: Perseverance is the continuance in a state of grace until is is proceeded by a state of glory. Pretty profound, don't you think? Each lady has known me my entire life and each one has an impact on my life in different ways. Susie and Pat probably started me out with my love of music. I think I've said before that God speaks to me many times through music...not even necessarily through the words. It is truly a form of worship for me. I took piano from Susie for I think we counted one time a total of 13 years. I'm grateful to her that I can sit down and play now... Would love to play alot more than I do. Pat was my elementary music teacher. I still have in my head like it was yesterday a song from the 6th grade musical..Where There's a Wheel There's a Way. I watched Barbara and Libby keep their homes and family like I wanted to. That's the good thing about small towns...most everyone and their family is just like you. All four of these women in their own way have had personal tragedies to deal with and I've watched them all persevere. Then it makes you wonder..are they really tragedies if you persevere? Maybe we should call them blessings.

5 comments:

Stephenie said...

Love.It.

Barbara said...

WOW! You just blew me away! And I'm thinking "when I grow up I want to be like Heather!" She has it all so together!! I am honored to be in this group of wonderful, beautiful, Christian women--all who have given me much. Thank you.

Lindsey said...

GREAT!! So glad you started blogging again, too much good stuff to keep to yourself!

Lil_Britt_Girl said...

So sweet. I used to want to grow up to be Ms Pat. I wanted a husband and two great sons just like she had. I think I came pretty darn close... plus I had a bonus diva! Ha ha ha!

I always admired how elegant & graceful Ms Barbara was growing up... but this last year or so, I can honestly say I have been blown away. She is such an inspiration and I am truly amazed by her.

All four are exceptional women! Thank God for them all!!!

Pat said...

oh mercy! I've been so busy with parents and Hannah I'm just now reading this! What a blessing you are and how overwhelmingly wonderful to be included in this post. Truth be known, I never realized that my calling in life would really affect anyone else that much. And you and Cindy are among the young women I most admire now...raising your families and coping with life w/o the whining so many are prone to do. Thanks for the affirmation, it means a whole lot. Rom 15:13