Monday, April 12, 2010

Influenced by Miss Nan...

I realize only half of you may know my friend, Miss Nan...I really don't know if I can put into words what Miss Nan means to me. If you know her, you know where I'm coming from on this. She is a spiritual mentor to many in our church and has been my Lifegroup teacher for the better part of 10 years. She is a retired school teacher and turned 80 recently! Never married but so full of knowledge that I can't even begin to describe. She's written 3 books..(let me know if you're interested and I can get a copies for ya!) I guess the best thing for me to do is to attempt to make a list of things that she has taught me:

Put on the full armour of God each day. Never start a day without talking to him. She says, "How in the world could you talk to anyone else without talking to Him first??" Your day will go much better if you do.

She's taught me that fear, confusion, shame and guilt are fingerprints of satan.

Meet when the family meets..Sunday morning and night and Wednesday night.

Teach your children that they don't have to go to church...they GET to go to church.
You set the tone in your home.
Not tithing is the most dangerous thing you can do.
God doesn't like murmuring and complaining....and neither does Miss Nan.

I often catch my self saying...Well Miss Nan says that... What a Godly lady. One could only pray to grow into the righteous, pious woman she is!!!

You can catch some of her teachings on our church website..look under Media and NANo vision. www.colonialheights.org

No comments: