Sunday, February 28, 2010

Influenced by...Camp Wesley Pines

Not sure I'm going to be able to cover everything about Camp Wesley Pines. I began going to camp there as a camper to the younger and older elementary camps, then on to junior high camps and retreats. I began to work different camps as a counselor in training there and then on to senior high retreats. I worked several summers and I almost remember each one individually. It was in the tabernacle by the lake when I was 16 that I asked Jesus into my heart. I feel like I learned many lessons there and was introduced to many character traits. I made friends there that I still have....and even though we may not see each other quite as often as I'd like, I know we share an amazing common bond by being blessed by God through Camp Wesley Pines. I've been through several things as an adult there as well and the same remains true of my youth.....that God is faithful to meet me right where I am. When I drive through the front gates...everytime...I get the feeling of "coming home", and that feels really good. I pray our daughter will discover how special that place is. She's gone for the past two summers and can't get enough...I think she's getting it too.

No comments: