Monday, April 6, 2009

Time in a bottle

Drew made it home Friday. If I could be bottling up all the special times we've had since then, I'd be the happiest girl in the world. So many photo ops that I wish I'd taken pictures more...I did manage to get a few though. His cousin and family (& and a couple extras) came for the weekend. We had a great time..our visits are far to long in between. Today, a great friend that Drew made during his last deployment from Maryland, John and his fiance are visiting us until Wednesday. It's fun to watch the bond that he and John share through having such an experience together.
Sunday after church, we met and had lunch with friends that we haven't spent time with in a while. Drew and Shannon were also in Iraq together. They recently packed up and moved. Shannon works on the pipeline and the family travels with him wherever he is working. It was nice to see Kimberly and the kids again. Kimberly and I stuck close during the last deployment so we have a special bond as well....the kind where you really don't have to say anything about how you're feeling or what you're going through because you know they understand already.
Kimberly and I
Saturday night we went out to eat with a couple of friends that we don't get to see as much since we moved. We're trying to get all this friend and family time in before he leaves again on the 14th. Again...I SOOOO wish I could bottle time.


Poncho thinking, "I'm so glad my daddy is home...."

Drew with one of our friends sweet girl, Jordan...she loves her some Mister Drew!!

and finally....which I don't have any pictures of...our backdoor neighbor, Amy and Michael (along with other neighbors) cooked steaks for us Sunday night! God has blessed us with so many good friends. Did I say I wish I could bottle time?

3 comments:

Barbara said...

You know we will all be praying for you and Drew during the next year. We know who will be watching over him.

Melanie B said...

Praying that these special memories will give you all sustaining joy in the months ahead.

Daddy said...

We Love ya--Sounds like you guys had a blast over the weekend--Hope to see you soon. The Designer braces look great---probably look better than they feel. We have some botled memories--one of a litle girl going to sleep on a rocky horse & taking a nap on the floor under warm clothes that Dessa threw over you from the cloths dryer....& "Elka" tolerating playing "dolls & dress-up" with a little girl.