Saturday, May 31, 2008

Berries..berries..berries!!



Hannah and I got up early this morning and went to one of my favorite places...Locust Grove Berry Farm. It's just a few miles from our house. The blueberries and blackberries are ready to harvest and we loaded up! We eat most of them straight out of the fridge and make smoothies, but I think I'll try to make jelly with some this year. I was very impressed that she hung with me as long as she did..(about 2 hours!) Soon, the muscadines and figs will be ready and we'll make another trip! When we got out at the farm, I realized that I will have to start keeping my camera with me at all times now so I'll have things to blog about! It is really beautiful out there to see all of the different fruit crops.
Not much to do for the rest of the day...plans for the pool and maybe the reservoir later. We miss Drew lots already!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I want some blackberry jelly.....in a little jar.

Barbara said...

Make that two jars for Franklin County--you might better go back for another picking! Those berries look delicious!

Daddy said...

I want some raw berries!

Tommy, Suzanne, and Mary Peyton said...

i want to know where this berry farm is! growing up, i had a blackberry vine out my bedroom window - it was my granddaddy's and i would pick blackberries every morning to go on my cereal. or i would put blackberries in a glass of milk!!!!

uuuummmmmmm - - - - now i'm wanting them even worse. uuuugggghhhh....

Anonymous said...

I need directions to the berry farm and the receipt for blackberry jelly.

Heather said...

Locust Grove Farm is almost at the end of Beasley Rd. in Jackson...turn right when you see the industrial park and follow the rd on around and it is on the right. Bluberries and blackberries are ready now. They also have muscadinces, japanese persimmons and are taking fig orders now. The open at 7 a.m. GET THERE EARLY and get the best and fattest berries!!