Sunday, July 5, 2009

are we there yet?

...that questions was asked many times over the past 4 days. I even caught me asking myself the same question too. Hannah and I took the train to New Orleans for my 40th birthday...there I said it..40th birthday. I miss Drew more than I can explain. He always makes my birthday so special...makes me feel like a little girl again..waiting on a cake or a special surprise.
We watched the most awesome fireworks show from the riverwalk....the Dueling Barges fireworks extravaganza!! There were several bands that we listened to...did ALOT of people watching..one of my favorite pastimes..
I lost count of how many beignets we ate and how much we laughed at each other while we ate them. We just about had to change clothes each time we ate them from all of the powdered sugar. Too bad I don't have any pictures of that..


one of MANY self portraits we took of ourselves over the weekend. We found that they are really the best ones!!!





Had to eat at Bubba Gump Shrimp..It was probably the best place we ate at I think! Not to mention it happens to be our favorite movie of all times. Hannah even asked me while we were eating there..."Mama, is Forrest Gump a true story??" Seems like it could be huh?


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

happy bday, sweetie! i hope yall had such a fun and special time together. haven't forgotten your frame :)

Melanie B said...

Looks like special memories were made with that beautiful young lady. So glad you got to have that time.

Stephenie said...

Happy 40th! So glad that you and H had a wonderful trip to NOLA! There is definitely no place like it. Love your pics...