Tuesday, February 3, 2009

2 new favs

My 2 newest favorite things are worth sharing I think.. first is this mug that Hannah made me. She made it for Valentines but insisted that I go ahead and start drinking out of it. I LOVE anything made by the kids and enjoy so much seeing how Hannah's things improve year after year...all the little orange and red dots were made with her fingers. You can click on the pictures to enlarge.
I saw a print in a gift shop not long ago and immediately thought of my friend Lindsey. She is very talented with ceramics and painting so I snapped a shot of the print with my phone and asked if she could put it on a large platter and a few weeks later...Wa La..here it is. I love it and have it on a stand in my kitchen..which is where everyone seems to gather. Does anyone else have a kitchen like that?? Everybody always seems to end up congregating in the kitchen..when there is plenty of room to sit in the living room. Anyway, I LOVE this platter. Check out her things at http://www.giggles2glamour.blogspot.com/




1 comment:

Joddie said...

Oh yes, a kitchen isn't a kitchen without the WHOLE family and all the friends gathered round under foot :)
BEAUTIFUL platter and more beautiful is your brand new, most special made mug! That's one to hang on to and pass it to Hannah when her MOM time comes along :)